Privacy and Cookie Notice
Last updated: 25/01/2021
We appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information and we are committed to protecting your personal data and your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect and process your personal data, what we do with the information, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. This Privacy Notice applies to all information collected when you access and use our Services, when you contact us and when you visit or participate in activities on our websites.
2. Who We Are
Our company name is R&A Software (Systems) Ltd. trading as RA Information Systems.
Our registered address is RA House, 9-10 The Bridge, Beresford Way, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 9FG. Our company is registered in England No: 2254852. Tel: 0330 223 11 99
Our websites are: www.ra-is.co.uk, www.ra-telecom.co.uk, www.ezyuserguide.com, www.clarityuserforum.com
How to contact us: If you have any concerns about our practices with regards to your personal information, or any questions about the security of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or at the above address.
3. How we collect personal data
“Personal Data” is information that can be used to identify an individual, directly or indirectly, alone, or together with other information. Personal Data includes such things as full name, email address, phone number, non-precise location, device IDs, and certain cookie and network identifiers. RA Information Systems collects and uses Personal Data as outlined in this Privacy Notice, including to operate and improve the Services and our business; for advertising and marketing; and to provide our Services.
In the course of providing our Services, we collect or receive your personal information in the following ways:
3.1. We collect personal information that you voluntary provide to us when you communicate with us expressing interest in obtaining information about our services or sign up for promotional materials (including names, employer names, email addresses and other similar information).
3.2. We collect Personal Data when you use our Services (including our support system). This Personal Data may include name, address, phone number, username and password, email address, date of birth and location data.
3.3. We collect personal information online when you visit, register or navigate/participate in activities on our websites (including names, usernames, employer names, email addresses and other similar information).
In order to use our www.ezyuserguide.com and clarityuserforum.com you will need to register and submit a valid email address associated with your name and other personal information provided in your user profile including profile picture and comments. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information through the account settings at any time. We offer several features that allow members to connect and communicate in semi-public spaces such as Forums. You don’t have to use these features, but if you do, please use common sense and good judgment when posting in these community spaces or sharing your personal information with others. Be aware that any personal information that you choose to submit there can be read, collected, or used by others. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Like many businesses we use Google Analytics to automatically collect information through cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to collect information about your access to the site. This may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser type, device/operating system characteristics, your device’s geolocation, website activity information. This information is primary needed for our internal performance/analytics including how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users. All Cookies used by and on our websites are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law. A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer. Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Please follow the link to find out more about how Google uses data www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
3.4. We may obtain data about companies and corporate bodies from publicly-available sources for marketing and advertising.
3.5. Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at individuals under 18 years. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under this age.
4. How we use your information
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interest, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We may use your information in the following ways:
– We may use your information to communicate with you regarding our services, for the purposes of managing your account/s, including important notices and respond to your requests, inquiries and complaints and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
– We may use your information to send you marketing and promotional communications. We rely on our legitimate interest to send you business-to-business marketing messages where permitted independent of consent (individual employees can opt out).
– We may use your information for other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate our websites, marketing and your experience. To develop, provide, and improve our services.
– We post testimonials on our websites or social media channels that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us including your name, testimonial location and contact information.
– We may use your information to send you surveys in connection with our services and to request feedback.
– We may use your information to comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process. To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties.
5. How we keep and store your information
We keep your information for as long as it is necessary unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by low. We will retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Personal Data we collect will be processed and stored in the UK only. We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. Data collected by Google Analytics may be stored in the European Economic Area (EEA) or outside the EEA for processing (we do not store your personal information such as your name and address through Google Analytics).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, we will delete your Personal Data from our systems.
6. Disclosing your information
RA Information Systems staff and contractors may have access to user data for the purpose of providing services. We engage certain third-party service providers such as providers of the data processing services commonly used by websites (automated spam detection plug-ins, as well as plug-ins that collect/track user browsing behaviour like Google Analytics suite).
We may use automated email services, and in the context of that relationship, we need to share some of your information with such third parties. These third parties have only limited access to information, use it only to market our services on our behalf, and are following best practices in compliance with the GDPR.
We not sell or rent your data to third parties.
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following limited cases:
• If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
• For Legal Compliance, Law Enforcement, and Public Safety Purposes: We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
• We can exchange information with others for crime-prevention purposes, to protect against fraud or credit risks.
7. Your rights
Under the GDPR, you have the right to:
• request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
• request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
• be informed of what data processing is taking place;
• restrict processing;
• to object to processing of your personal data; and
• complain to a supervisory authority.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email that we send or by contacting us using the details provided in this Notice.
8. Links to other sites
Please note that our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
9. Changes to this notice
We may revise this Notice to stay compliant with relevant laws at any time. In that case, the ‘last updated’ date will also change. Any changes will apply to you and your data immediately. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.