Where we began in 1988
Initially ra started life in 1988 as a software house, writing bespoke software, predominantly for local authorities. As we built relationships with our clients they wanted more from us and it quickly became apparent that there was a gap in the market for a company able to provide IT support and solutions. We therefore setup an IT Services division to complement the existing software development business and over the years the two parts of the company have complemented each other with customers regularly becoming clients of both sides of the business. In 2008 ra outgrew its Sheffield premises and relocated to its current location, ra House, in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
Where we are now
As of today, ra has grown to become a leading IT company providing its services throughout the UK and wider Europe. ra’s growth has strategically been aimed towards providing expertise in all areas of IT and telephony. The company now has its own:
- In-house helpdesk of IT experts – all 1st line support
- Two in-house software development teams
- IT/infrastructure/telephony specialists
- Admin, sales and marketing teams
Whilst IT support and infrastructure specialisms underpin the company’s service offering, ra has also created and developed three thriving software management solutions:
- ezytreev – Tree, TPO & Asset Management Software now used in over 100 councils, universities and housing associations across the UK and Ireland. (www.ezytreev.com)
- ibcs – Business Centre Management Software used in over 120 business and conference centres. (www.ibcs-software.com)
- CLARITY CORE – Science Park, Innovation and Incubation Centre Software used in over 100 sites. (www.clarity-core.com
A comment from Annette Dabbs
Commenting on this anniversary, Annette Dabbs, Director says, “What a milestone to reach 30 successful years in business! It really is hard to believe but good to look back over the years at how we have developed and grown as a company, both in personnel, the breadth of expertise they bring, and the services we provide. Something well worth celebrating.”
ra has achieved all of the above, throughout recessions and changing Governments, whilst moving forward alongside huge technological advancement. Overcoming these challenging factors to becoming the company ra is today is why this momentous 30th year in business is a cause for major celebration!
A thank you
Finally, ra would like to convey a huge thank you to all their existing clients for their highly valued custom over the years. Here’s to the next 30 years!